ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Becoming Healthy - A Nutritional System.



On July 13th 2015 I made a decision to try something that I was convinced I would never try.
I had been approached in the past about a “nutritional cleansing program.” I quickly said, "no that’s just not for me." I had told close friends and family numerous times that this wasn’t something I was ever going to be interested in. I had a very negative perception, and even mocked this opportunity more than once.

Despite all of my doubts, I decided to put aside pride and contact an acquaintance of mine to ask her about the health supplements she was using. I told her,“I’m at a point where I just need a change. I want to see if these products can help me.”


I have often felt guilty about my roller coaster of success and failure when it comes to my physical health. I’ve tried numerous different “programs” and “systems” but never found something that fit very well. I knew a long list of people who used these supplements, lost weight, and have kept it off. That's what I wanted! So I stopped laughing at the opportunity and decided to give it a try. I mean, what could it hurt?
I gave the “30 day cleansing and fat burning system” a go. Each day I replaced 2 of my meals with nutrient packed and delicious meal replacement shakes. Four days out of the month I took food out of the equation and cleansed my body of toxins, and filled it with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.


After 30 days, I felt amazing. My clothes fit better, my acne prone skin was clearing up, I felt more energetic, and the healthier version of myself was coming back. The system is simple, convenient, and puts a needed emphasis on nutrition. I LOVE the taste of the shakes, how they keep me full, and the vitamins and minerals they give me. Funny as it sounds, I actually ENJOY cleansing. I feel totally different afterwards, and in a good way! I didn’t feel burnt out from measuring portions, counting calories, feeling unsatisfied from a "meal replacement" shake, doing the same workouts over and over again, or feeling restricted in my food choices. I felt like I could truly keep following this type of eating. I was experiencing a lifestyle nutritional system.


The best part was that it wasn’t just a 30 day system for me. I gained a system that I could continue to use. I had found nutritional tools to assist me in my journey to find health. My journey from an unhealthy skeptic, to a believing lifestyle minded eater is a continual process of growth and learning. But I am excited to say I have the best nutritional system possible to help me on this journey.

While nutrition is important, there are still more essential elements to explore in order to become the healthiest version of myself. I have more thoughts to share with you about health and wellness, so stay tuned for a part 2: Becoming Healthy - Mindset.


No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!