ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Friday, December 18, 2015

Romans 8:28 | God works for us.


It's a popular passage. If you have spent any amount of time in church or the Bible, you have heard them, studied them, and even memorized them.



Romans 8:28 has always been a passage that I have held dear. It's a comforting passage. Its a passage that gives a spiritual "pick me up" when the trials of a sinful world bring you down. While I've always loved hearing this passage, I have never picked up The People's Bible and studied the words. Since studying Romans over the past 2 months, I've had a new perception and understanding of familiar passages. Yesterday morning as I read Romans 8:28, I experienced a new understanding, appreciation, reassurance, and peace while reading and studying the words.

I love how this verse starts: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him"


In the good, the horrible, the exciting, the mundane. God is working for me,

When my prayers are few and far between. When my mouth spews words of hate and judgement. When I put other things priority over Him. God is still working for me.
When I lose hope, faith, and trust. God is still working for me.
When I doubt the path he has laid out for my life. God is still working for me.

Despite any and every situation that could threaten our spiritual status, God still works for us. He works for us because we are objects of God's love. He is in constant pursuit of us. We are chosen by Him for eternity.


I just got the chills. 

Loved? Pursued? Objects of his affection? Chosen? His for eternity?
We receive all of these things! And receive them again and again, day in and day out; because God chose us to be his own.



When reading the words, "for the good of those who love him." You might ask, "To whom is Paul speaking to? Who are "those who love him?" For whom are these words actually true? It might make you a bit uneasy. We all fail to show love not only to ourselves, or people on this earth, but to God. We fail at showing love all the time. How do we love God enough to fit into this category? How can we know that we are those who love him?


Fear not. Let the inspired words of Paul set your heart at ease. 

Remember, it is not what we have done; but what God has done for us.

"All things work for the good of those who have been called according to his [God's] purpose."

As believers in Christ we find rest + assurance in these words. Our sins have been wiped clean. We are given the title of righteousness. Our salvation has been won and given to us. All the work has been done by our gracious Father.

God's purpose does not end in this life. He not only has plans set our for you on this earth. He has eternal plans for you. You have been called, loved, pursued, and chosen for eternity.


So dear friends in Christ, know this.

In all things, the good and the terrible, God has not lost sight of you. He still works for you, and loves you every second of every day. We know that he is working all things together for our good, because we are his dearly beloved children.



No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!