ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Monday, January 4, 2016

R plus J | Two Years of Marriage.




Baby,

Two. Years. How exciting is that? Two years of being your wife have come and gone. The best two years of my life thus far. I'm writing this at 9:12 pm on January 3rd. We just got back from Christmas travel in Wisconsin + Illinois where we were surrounded by both of our families, and our dearest friends the whole time. I feel so content, blessed, happy, and all those other great adjectives to describe the friends + family I have gained since knowing you (and I think you could say the same about my loved ones!) This year may possibly have brought us the most change and adventure. I was teaching, you were writing a thesis paper. I finished teaching, and you graduated. We found out we would be moving to Michigan for your first call! We traveled to Ann Arbor, Washington D.C., and The Grand Tetons in Wyoming. We officially moved to Saginaw and began the next (2 year) chapter of our lives. I would never have experienced any of these things if God did not give me you. You have given my life so much excitement, joy, and adventure. You are my spiritual leader, best friend, advice giver, and biggest supporter. You strive to love me as Christ loved the church + point me to Jesus every single day. You continue to grow in the knowledge of how to best be a husband, and I am forever thankful for that. Our actual day to day lives aren't usually as "exciting" as our travel destinations; but I can confidently say that having a drink + watching a rented movie snuggled up on our cozy couch might just be my love language. The joy + love that I find in the simple moments with you make me fall that much deeper in love with you. As we ate out tonight for our anniversary dinner, we chatted about some of our favorite moments on our wedding day. The first thing that came to my mind was our "first look" when we exchanged letters to one another. I cried, laughed, and smiled I think maybe simultaneously as you read these words to me on our wedding day:

"I promise to love you for who you are, not who you wish you were. I promise to show you that love even when you don't love yourself. I promise to give you the attention the most important person in my life deserves. I promise to care for you when you are sick and old. I promise to stand by you when no one else does. I promise to encourage and support you in the goals you have set for yourself. I promise to be God's servant and keep Jesus at the center of your life. And I promise to love you as Christ loves the church and gave himself up for her."

Joshua, you continue to do all these things and more. Even though you have failures + set backs from time to time in showing Christ like love, you continue to pursue and grow in these promises. I praise the Lord for your desire + passion for our marriage, and for me.

Happy Anniversary Baby,

Your Bride.



(PS) I couldn't resist sharing A LOT a few of my favorite images from the day, since this blog didn't quite exist in 2014! All images are from the lovely Kyna at Sawyer Creek Photography


































































2 years later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!